Machine Medicine Technologies is facilitating the next generation of neurotherapeutics by building software for the intelligent, personalised optimisation of neuromodulation and other precision therapeutics.
Their flagship product, Kelvin, is in use at multiple deep brain stimulation (a form of neuromodulation) sites across the globe, enabling the collection of large datasets of unparalleled quality. This data is being utilised to develop a SaMD (Software as Medical Device) tool for automated clinical assessment of Parkinson’s disease. Recently, the technology was awarded Breakthrough Device Designation by the FDA.
In addition, Machine Medicine is a scientifically productive and technically ambitious entity. We have published papers in numerous high-quality, peer-reviewed journals including Sensors, Intelligence-Based Medicine and Nature Parkinson’s Disease.
Based in central London (Bermondsey), we are growing rapidly with 36 FTEs currently, and have raised over £5M in dilutive and non-dilutive funding. In addition to that, Machine Medicine is now generating 7-figure annual revenues through its commercial activities.
About the role
The CSO will work closely with the CEO, CTO and Head of Quality to align algorithmic development, publications and clinical validation with the company's broader objectives.
He or she will also manage a growing team of data and research scientists to ensure objectives are met in a timely manner and to a high standard.
The position represents a superb opportunity to make major novel contributions to the field of medicine while at the same time shaping the products and culture in an early-stage organisation.
The role is onsite first, with discretionary WFH when required or necessary.
- A PhD in statistics, computational neuroscience or machine learning
- Buttressed by a strong publication record would be an advantage.
- He/She will exhibit a strong work ethic with similar expectations for his team.
- He/She will exhibit first-class interpersonal and mentoring skills.
- Previous team management experience in both academic and commercial contexts is desirable.
- Any regulatory experience, especially in highly regulated industries (e.g. banking, defence or pharmaceuticals), would significantly strengthen your application.
The package includes a competitive salary, a significant tranche of share options, private health insurance, and gym membership among many other perks.