Machine Medicine Technologies (MMT) uses computer vision and computational statistics to enhance the neurological assessment of patients. Our first product, KELVIN-PD, allows motor assessments in Parkinson’s disease to be performed, recorded and used both faster and better than has ever previously been possible. KELVIN-PD is already in use at clinical sites across several countries and possesses a CE mark, being a class-I medical device. MMT aims to build the platform into a generalised tool for patient selection, surgical planning and device programming for machine brain interfacing, a revolutionary therapeutic innovation.
We are looking for an Android Engineer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits and will work with our London based, multi-platform mobile team to build the next generation of our patient and clinician facing applications. As an Android developer, you'll be at the core of Android delivery at Machine Medicine.
Your role will require you to collaborate alongside our team of backend engineers, product owner, and QA. You'll be looking to develop and start our Android apps, writing clean, maintainable and extendable code.
- Work closely with our multi-platform mobile development team
- Take the lead of the native Android development of our apps
- Work with our lead and CTO to help expand the reach of our platform.
- work: 4+ years (Required)
You’ll be someone who thrives on uncertainty and loves to make an impact. You’ll enjoy creating high quality code that runs efficiently. You’ll enjoy contributing across the whole development process including design, product management and will like to stay on top of upcoming technologies that could benefit the business.
What You'll Have...
- A solid background in Android SDK Development using Android Studio in Kotlin
- Experimented with other programming languages
- Familiarity with the camera module, video recording and video uploading.
- Can discuss vision and features within a team and propose creative solutions
- Are passionate about app architecture and can talk about the benefits and drawbacks of various patterns (MVC, MVVM)
- Knowledge of reactive libraries, offline storage, API integration, and testing
- Familiarity with source control best practices and continuous integration
- Experience with AWS
- Are excited to explore cross platform code sharing solutions
- Passionate about great app design and user experience
- Shipped at least one app to the Google Play Store
- Work with Android architecture components such as Room, LiveData, ViewModel, WorkManager, Compose, etc
- Have understanding or experience of coroutines and flows
- Use dependency injection
- Enjoy unit testing, TDD and automated UI testing
- Be familiar with Material Design guidelines
- Knowledge of Swift and/or iOS Development and/or React Native is a plus
- Employment type: Permanent & Full-time
- Visa sponsorship: available
- 25 days annual leave (+ local bank holidays)
- Plus other benefits
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
- Company laptop of choice
- Onsite, hybrid, remote considered
Job Reference no. ADE029