Are you a DevOps engineer looking for the next step in your career? This is an opportunity for an experienced DevOps engineer (5+ years) looking for a new opportunity in the MedTech space. You will join a small team that is growing and will help us in the challenge of melding modern CI/CD practices into regulatory frameworks.
Machine Medicine Technologies (MMT) uses computer vision and computational statistics to enhance the neurological assessment of patients. Our first product, KELVIN, allows assessments of motor dysfunction conditions to be performed, recorded and used faster and better than ever. KELVIN is already used at clinical sites across several countries to support routine patient care and clinical trials. MMT aims to build the platform into a generalised tool for patient selection, surgical planning and device programming for machine brain interfacing, a revolutionary therapeutic innovation.
You will be responsible for driving our DevOps rollout as we construct our new platform. You must:
- Define sprint requirements and acceptance criteria with the product owner and CTO
- Work with the CTO to establish unambiguous non-functional requirements and DoD
- Contribute to regular architecture and design sessions
- Take ownership of backend service release and configuration management
- Ensure deliverables are to a high standard
- As a self-starter, plan and drive your own work and that of others
- Mentor junior members of staff to ensure they can grow in contribution
- Work with a team that includes web, mobile, backend and other skill-sets
- At least 5 years of work experience as a DevOps engineer
- Direct experience of AWS cloud for at least 3 years
- Deep understanding of AWS security best practices and products such as S3, EC2, EKS.
- Solid experience of building and maintaining secure Docker images
- Expertise in AWS CDK (or Terraform) and Python programming
- Experience with Linux and Bash
- Experience working with and taking ownership of DR solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - as a MedTech our output is regulated and audited.
- Experience of working within a ‘security development lifecycle’ including how integrate SAST and DAST
- Experience owning a mission critical CI/CD pipeline
- Ownership of past projects
- Experience of DevOps release processes, tools and strategies
- MongoDB or PostgreSQL administration experience
- Cloud automation using AWS Python CDK
- BSc in Computer Science or similar.
- Competitive salary.
- Employee equity programme.
- 25 days annual leave (+ UK bank holidays).
- Employment type: Permanent & Full-time
- Remote working: Not available
- Visa sponsorship: Not available
Job reference: SDE038