Machine Medicine Technologies (MMT) uses computer vision and computational statistics to enhance the neurological assessment of patients. Our first product, KELVIN, allows assessments of motor dysfunction conditions to be performed, recorded and used both faster and better than has ever previously been possible. KELVIN is already in use at clinical sites across several countries to support routine patient care and clinical trials. MMT aims to build the platform into a generalized tool for patient selection, surgical planning and device programming for machine brain interfacing, a revolutionary therapeutic innovation.
You are a hard-working and talented Junior or Mid front-end engineer with a superb command of general programming principles. You have a passion not only for software development, but also for working with people and getting the most out of your colleagues. You have strong front-end development skills, and are keen to put those skills to use in growing a fullstack team.
- Leading the design, development and delivery of key front-end web application features for our core products.
- Proposing and championing ideas for back-end development.
- Inputting on decisions relating to the product architecture and design.
- Proficiency in writing both React class components and functional components.
- Experience with React state management solutions, such as lifting state, using context and centralized application state solutions such as Redux.
- Experience with writing reusable React components that can be designed and tested in isolation. Storybook experience desirable.
- Up to date with newest developments within React, such as Suspense usage within data frameworks.
- Experience when it comes to RESTful API consumption using Fetch/Axios and how data fetching and caching should be integrated within the application's state.
- Up to date with modern ECMAScript syntax, ES6+.
- Using Jest to write tests and generate mocks.
- Good understanding and experience with using Typescript, leveraging type annotations and type checking to write solid and informative code.
- Appreciation for the user experience and intuitive interface design, some level of experience in those fields where the candidate would be able to partake in the design process.
- Experience working in an Agile team.
- Enthusiastic and ambitious.
- Excellent time management skills.
- BSc in Computer Science or an equivalent field or Higher
A fast-moving startup, with an energetic and dynamic team, looking to disrupt the MedTech industry with AI. Our employees are encouraged to take on the sort of career development opportunities that cannot be found at larger, more established, companies. We are in the highly regulated medical device industry, so our engineering team has to have an even greater focus on quality, usability and versatility. We also like to blow off steam, whether that’s playing a few rounds of table tennis in the office, or arranging an online gaming session.
- Competitive salary.
- Employee equity programme.
- Work laptop provided.
- Monthly socials.
- 25 days annual leave (+ 9 bank holidays).
- Office location close to London Bridge (Zone 1)
- Experience level: Mid Level (4+ years)
- Tech stack used: React, Flask, FastAPI, AWS, Lambdas, Docker, Terraform
- Primary skills we consider: React
- Employment type: Permanent & Full-time
- Remote working: Available
- Visa sponsorship: Available
Job Reference no. FED112