Machine Medicine Technologies (MMT) is an ambitious, revenue-generating digital health scaleup, using computer vision and other computational techniques to optimise neurotherapeutics such as neuromodulation. Our flagship product, KELVIN allows assessments of motor dysfunction conditions to be performed, recorded and used both faster and better than has ever previously been possible. KELVIN is already in use at numerous clinical sites and clinical trials across several countries to support routine patient care.
The role is based primarily in London (occasionally outside the UK when needed for attending conferences or visiting customers), the key focus of Business Development Lead is to manage current commercial relationships, identifying and developing new ones, and managing sales pipeline.
The Business Development Lead will also be responsible for a team of sales representatives, initially two persons, but growing over the coming 18-24 months. The role includes responsibility for recruiting new team members.
The key to the candidate’s success will be their dynamic sales approach and ability to promote the company's ambition and brand internationally, in combination with a reasonably good level of scientific understanding, from both engineering and biological perspectives.
- Build and develop long term business relationships
- Manage current commercial relationships (CRM)
- Responsible for reporting performance
- Research potential clients
- Manage the sales representatives
- Exhibit at conferences
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or biomedical science.
Experience and skills:
- 3+ years commercial experience in the biomedical field, especially at a medical engineering firm such as Boston Scientific or Medtronic (great to have but not a necessity)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and develop long term business relationships
- Strong selling and negotiating skills
- Excellent in research and strategic planning
- Proactive and flexible approach to work - ensure effective communication with the clients across different time zones
- Strong time management and organisational skill
- Able to explain technical terms to lay audience
- Able to travel as required
- Competitive salary
- Employee equity programme
- 25 days annual leave (+UK bank holidays)
- Visa sponsorship availability
- Location: Onsite at office near London Bridge + travelling + some hybrid work
- Hours: Full time