Experience level: Mid
Tech stack used: Python, AWS
Primary skills we consider: Python, Sklearn
Secondary skills we consider: AWS, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Fastai
Employment type: Permanent and Full time
Visa sponsorship: Available
You are an ambitious and capable data scientist with a background in computational statistics and machine learning, with multiple years of industry experience. You have put relevant statistical and machine learning techniques into practice in production settings, understanding the pitfalls encountered with optimising data pipelines and applications. Previous work in a biomedical sector would be beneficial but not mandatory. You care about impact and want to do work that matters.
List of main duties and responsibilities:
- Applying statistical and ML techniques to interesting problems.
- Authoring academic papers and contributing to our research strategy.
- Deploying and managing code in a production environment.
- Keeping up to date with relevant research.
- Strong coding skills in Python, and experience with commonly used data science libraries (sklearn, pandas, numpy).
- Strong understanding of statistical and ML techniques (experience with Computer Vision would be beneficial).
- Experience deploying/scaling ML pipelines in a production environment, and/or academic publication authorship record.
- Good communication and data visualization skills.
- Familiar with git, bash and coding best practices.
- Familiarity with AWS (EC2, S3, Lambda, Batch) would be beneficial.
- Experience with deep learning frameworks (Tensorflow, PyTorch, Fastai) is beneficial but not necessary.
- 3+ years industry experience (or 1+ years and a PhD).
- BSc & MSc (at least one of these should be in statistics or data science).
- PhD preferable.